Sunday 19 January 2014

Posted by jinson on 20:02 No comments
Evengline's secrets to staying true to yourself

The former Lost star, and now star of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, shares her best tips for being your most authentic self.

Get Comfortable Saying No
Evangeline isn't overly concerned with pleasing other people and refuses to partake in things that don't reflect her core values. "Saying no is not hard for me; it's scarier for me to say yes. I'm actually more afraid of commitment than of saying no," she says.

Be Independent Without Alienating Others
The actress learned how to be self-reliant at a young age. "Growing up, there were no boundaries; we were a very codependent family. That always sat wrong with me, so I needed to figure out how to assert those boundaries. At first [that meant] just getting out of Dodge. I left home at 19. My parents didn't have a phone number for me, no address, and I didn't communicate with them for six months. I learned how to do it properly after that. . .how to have boundaries without having to run away."

Save Your Firepower
She may be willing to fight for what she believes in, but she's learned how to do it in a way that doesn't rile her up. "[In the beginning of my career] I would get in reporters' faces who would ask the wrong question," Evangeline says. "Instead of politely declining, I would be like, 'OK, this interview is over.'" Now she's able to keep her cool and assert herself in a more relaxed way.

evangeline-lilly-interview-art.jpg

0 comments :

Post a Comment