Monday 13 January 2014

Posted by jinson on 13:14 No comments
Buzzfeed HCG diet 300x224 Healthy Diet Myths Exposed by Buzzfeed.com
www.buzzfeed.com
I have been a patient of Dr. Z for 2 years, and when his book HCG 2.0 - A Modern Adaptation of the Traditional HCG Diet, came out, I read it in one sitting. What I loved about HCG 2.0 is all of the things I learned about food. Most notably, I realized that a lot of what I thought I knew about food and how my body uses food was WRONG! I also learned that by eating smart, I never have to be hungry again! Sure, I may still crave the occasional candy bar… and sometimes I have a small one, and sometimes I get a piece of gum or a cup of hot tea. But I’m not hungry like I used to be when I was eating the way I used to (High carb, few veggies, take out pizza and all other foods of convenience). So, I came across this article regarding healthy diet myths on Buzzfeed, which I had to share with Dr. Z and his patients.
So many foods are labeled as “healthy” but they’re not! One big food lie I’d been following was the “low fat” or “no fat” craze. I never checked the calories or sugar… If it was low fat, it went in my cart. Now I know that we NEED some healthy fats! What we don’t need and what makes us gain weight is all the extra sugar added to low-fat food options. Check out number one on the list… Dried fruit. I used to be a dried fruit junkie. My work friends would be eating their pretzels or Cheez-its, and I’d be snacking on banana chips or dried pineapple thinking I was so much smarter than them. WRONG! Dried fruit is just fruit with lots of extra sugar. I’m going to skip the dried fruit and head straight for the real stuff from now on. Better yet, I’ll grab some carrots or snap peas or beef jerky.
Another food that stands out from this list is packaged turkey. I eat turkey often as part of my low carb diet… I never knew that some brands are loaded with sodium! I’m going to start checking the packaging better, or even start going to the deli for fresh turkey. It may mean an extra trip to the store in my week, but my health is surely worth it!
Overall, the thinking that has changed most for me thanks to HCG 2.0 is that I have to take the TIME to eat well. I used to buy everything processed so that I only had to hit the store every two weeks and I could grab and go with my meals. But, waking up 15 minutes early to make a healthy breakfast and taking the time at the store to check labels for high protein and low sugar has made a big difference in how I feel! I challenge you to do the same for yourself.
Laura M.
HCG 2.0, HCG, low carb, low sugar

7 Years Younger The Anti-Aging Breakthrough Diet: Lose 20 Pounds (Or More!)

0 comments :

Post a Comment