Monday 13 January 2014

Posted by jinson on 14:58 No comments
aspartame on HCG diet 300x300 The Dangers of AspertameIf you’ve read my book, HCG 2.0 – A Modern Adaptation of the Traditional HCG Diet, you’ve heard me say that Diet Coke and other zero calorie sugar substitutes are okay to consume on your HCG diet protocol. After reading A Killer in Your Fridge, a blog written by Barbara Gessner, and brought to my attention by a recent patient, I may have to reconsider.
My thoughts regarding Aspartame and other artificial sugar substitutes has always been a cost/benefit analysis between the theorized dangers of Aspartame and sugar substitutes versus the benefits of weight loss and/or maintaining a healthy weight. My opinion held that it’s fine to include your Diet Cokes or non-sugar beverage in your HCG diet protocol because it would make the diet more tolerable, thus ensuring completion and success. Simply put, lose the weight and then worry about your Diet Coke habit. I’ve never implied that Diet Coke and other Aspartame products are good for your, or even allowable in a healthy diet, but it was my conclusion that Aspartame was better for weight loss than sugar. My thoughts have since changed for all of the reasons listed in the paragraphs to follow.
A 40-year old patient recently explained that she had been experiencing increasing muscle and joint pain. She explained that within her  building she would navigate long hallways several times per day. The joint pain would be excruciating to the point that she would make it a priority to enter the hallways alone so that she could walk at a significantly slower pace. If she had to keep up with a fellow co-worker, the pain would almost be intolerable. She explained that her symptoms were consistent with that of MS, fibromyalgia and various auto-immune diseases such as Lupus. Age of onset and other symptoms were so consistent with hers that she was afraid to go to the doctor, because she was afraid of the diagnosis.
Over the course of the following weeks of contemplating a doctor visit, she consulted her sister, who immediately referred her to the blog post by Barbara Gessner describing the dangers of Aspartame. She blog explained that in 2001, Barbara’s sister had undergone 21 muscle biopsies and was on over twenty different medications for her illness. Her doctors were perplexed,  and she admitted to herself that she was dying. Similar to my patient, she was emailed an article discussing symptoms of Aspartame poisoning from over-consumption of Splenda and Nutri-sweet. Also just as my patient, her symptoms disappeared within 3-5 days. Not a single ache or pain.
The article is a bit dramatic and had it not been accompanied by the similar story from my patient, I may have dismissed it. I’m now a believer. I don’t drink an over-abundance of diet beverages, but I’ve since made their elimination my 2014 New Years Resolution, as should you.
If you have any of the following symptoms you definitely need to take an inventory of the amount of artificial sweetners you consume…
“This also applies to cases of tinnitus and fibromyalgia. During a lecture, I said, ‘If you are using ASPARTAME (Nutra Sweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc) and you suffer from fibromyalgia symptoms, spasms, shooting, pains, numbness in your legs, Cramps,Vertigo, Dizziness, Headaches, Tinnitus, Joint pain, Unexplainable depression, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, blurred vision, or memory loss you probably have ASPARTAME poisoning!”
If you’re currently on your HCG diet protocol and you have questions regarding your Aspartame consumption, post your questions or comments to our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hcg2.0. I have several patients that I plan on emailing this post. It’s very concerning to me as a practitioner and weight loss consultant.

Super Shred: The Big Results Diet: 4 Weeks 20 Pounds Lose It Faster!

0 comments :

Post a Comment