Saturday 8 February 2014

Posted by jinson on 22:39 No comments

When I decided to launch The Skinny Confidential years ago I had a very, very distinct plan ( that whole story found here ).

My business plan was seriously, so simple: an upside down triangle.

Say what?

Yah.

An upside down triangle.

I wanted to start with one thing ( blogging ) & become very, very knowledgeable in that one thing. I didn’t want to start with this HUGE, gnarly idea & expand outward.

The goal was to keep it simple, stupid.

So.

My advice on starting any kind of biz: if you’re looking to get into a certain field, think of the upside down triangle. Start small, think big.

After countless hours/experience you should become pretty damn good at the one thing & you’ll know when it’s time to slowly expand out.

Find your niche AKA the very tip of your triangle.

The tiny tip of my triangle began with blogging & it’s slowly growing outward to a brand.

Ultimately I’d take quality over quantity any day.

On Instagram the other day I saw this quote & it so, so resonated:

“You can do anything but not everything.”

Loves.

Ok, now get out there & kill it! Happy Thursday—

X L

Oh & since we’re on the subject, watch this video that a sweet reader sent me…literally GOOSEBUMPS.

16 CommentsPosted in: Blog PostsPost navigation← Mini DeLitesHow to Style a Living Room

0 comments :

Post a Comment